Westwood One is the largest network audio platform in the United States reaching over 225 million consumers. Westwood One offers audio products to engage listeners whenever, wherever they are. We are a trusted connection between audio companies, advertisers, and audience, reaching millions of monthly listeners. Our portfolio features exclusive brands people love, such as the NFL, NCAA, Olympics, Grammys, AMAs, ACM, Billboards, ACCAs NASH, Rdio, and more. As the national syndication division of Cumulus, we represent more than just a radio network; we are a multi-platform provider of sports, music, news, spoken word, and digital content.
However, our business is not just about scale. It’s about the creativity of our thinking, the strength of our partnerships and quality of our audience – putting our assets to work in meaningful ways that solve our customer’s marketing challenges. So, while we provide the opportunities to connect, we also work with our advertiser and agency partners to deliver new approaches to understand unique role and creative possibilities advertising offers in an increasingly complex multi-channel media world. Using your creative problem solving and relationship-building skills, you provide excellent client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Westwood One key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach millions of consumers.
If you are an inspired and creative media sales professional with an insatiable drive for success and are looking for the RIGHT opportunity that will maximize your potential in a team environment, then read on… Westwood One has an immediate opening for a sales position (Director of National Partnerships / Midwest). You are responsible for promoting customer conversations through strategic story-telling and actionable insights leading to positive growth and relationship outcomes. Reporting to the EVP Midwest, you will work collaboratively with your internal partners; splits & vertical business units (and other internal departments) and external client and agency customers. Success will reside on identifying key barriers to incremental growth for your assigned accounts and leading strategy and storytelling execution to solve business’s largest challenges and opportunities.
Applicants must have a successful track record in media sales and possess excellent communication skills, be very organized and be highly motivated with a desire to win! Applicants should also be capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment handling daily tasks including but not limited to: networking, prospecting and developing new customer relationships; persuasively communicating strategies for meeting customer needs with the benefits of national audio (broadcast & streaming) advertising products and ensuring customer satisfaction and renewal!
- Responsible for meeting sales targets and generating revenue by selling audio advertising, Experiential and Sponsorship opportunities directly to businesses and or their representative agencies
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with clients and agencies
- Develop new leads by monitoring trends, conducting research, identifying opportunities, cold calling and making appointments
- Prepare compelling and competitive proposals and presentations
- Present ideas and advertising solutions that meet client needs
- Apply your assigned sales and marketing knowledge to drive incremental growth
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of weekly internal reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Minimum of 5+ years of Media Sales experience with a proven track record of success
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service and relationship management skills
- Ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions
- Must have the ability to compose written correspondence, memos, emails and other written documentation in a clear and concise manner
- Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be proficient in Microsoft Office software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Must be familiar with SalesForce.com
- Must have ability to learn and use company and customer system(s)
- Understand media metrics and research
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, and a clean driving record
- This candidate will be willing to put in the hours necessary for accomplishment, including travel as needed.
All interested candidates please send your resume and cover letter to WWOmidwestjobs@westwoodone.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic informatio