Country Music Fans Predict What Will Happen at the ACM Awards in New National Poll
Country Music Listeners Debate over Luke Bryan and Keith Urban as Entertainer of The Year, Think Blake Shelton will be Bleeped and Announce the Wrong Winner, and Believe Carrie Underwood will “Bring It” On the Red Carpet
NASHVILLE, TN – March 27, 2017 – Cumulus Media today announced the launch of their consumer survey series, NASH Country Pulse Poll. NASH, #1 for Country, is announcing the findings of its first NASH Country Pulse Poll – revealing America’s predictions for the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards, Country Music’s Party of the Year®. Which artists rule the hearts and minds of real Country fans?
The results may surprise you!
- Luke Bryan and Keith Urban are in a dead heat for “Entertainer of the Year.”
- Both superstars tied at 26% of predictions for ACM “Entertainer of the Year.” Listeners were split by demographic – Luke was favored by the younger crowd under 45 (28% vs. 15% for Keith Urban), with those over 45 favoring Keith by a 33% to 24% margin.
- Luke was also slightly more favored among Men, while Keith had a slight edge with Women.
- Country listeners keep it “Humble and Kind.”
- Tim McGraw’s 27th #1 Country hit was voted most likely to win “Song of the Year,” with 29% of the votes. Runners up were two of 2016’s biggest ballads – “Blue Ain’t Your Color” by Keith Urban, and “Die a Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett.
- Carrie Underwood predicted to rock the red carpet.
- No “Dirty Laundry” for Carrie at the ACM Awards – 57% of listeners predict that she will make a grand entrance at the awards show.
- Blake Shelton should keep the ACM producers on their toes.
- More than half of all listeners (54%) chose Blake Shelton as the artist most likely to be bleeped at the ACM Awards.
- Predicted Blake bloopers continue – 36% of listeners also believing he is the most likely to announce the wrong winner during the show.
- Country music comes from the heart.
- Powerful, personal stories are at the heart of every great Country love song. The top two favorite love songs among listeners in our poll were “Remember When” by Alan Jackson, followed closely by Randy Travis’ classic “Forever And Ever, Amen.”
- Best songs for love gone wrong.
- Country songs capture the deep and profound feelings of romantic endings. Listeners’ favorite Country breakup songs were “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones and “The Dance” by Garth Brooks.
- Tim and Faith are #RelationshipGoals
- Just after celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary, Tim McGraw and Faith Hill were voted by Country listeners as the cutest Country couple ever (48% of all Country music listeners).
- Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood came in second with 22% of Country music listeners.
The full reveal of The NASH Country Pulse Poll series can be found online at NASH Country Daily, a leading Cumulus Media property, covering the music and lifestyles of country’s biggest stars.
“I agree with our NASH listeners; Blake will probably be bleeped and Carrie Underwood will be stunning on the red carpet,” said John Shomby, NASH Director of Programming, adding, “All of these artists are friends of NASH and we look forward to sharing these findings with them at Westwood One Backstage, our broadcast event live on Friday and Saturday from the ACM Awards.”
Cumulus Media’s Westwood One is the official national radio partner for the 52nd Academy of Country Music Awards. NASH will join other media outlets at Westwood One Backstage at the ACM Awards at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Westwood One Backstage features exclusive, multi-platform content, a star-studded radio row, live performances, social media experiences, and A-list interviews with Country’s biggest stars and hottest new talent.
In addition, Westwood One will present five hours of event coverage from the red carpet on Sunday, April 2, with NASH Nights Live hosts Shawn Parr and Elaina Smith.
Country radio listeners across the U.S. were polled using Katz Media’s national consumer panel. Listeners offered their predictions for the ACM Awards and cast their vote for favorite Country tracks. This NASH Country Pulse Poll kicks off a series of upcoming polls conducted by NASH, leveraging its deep understanding of the Country music audience.
About Cumulus Media
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 445 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels. Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visit www.cumulus.com.