Live Event Coverage, Around-The-Clock Updates, Exclusive Ice Hockey Play-By-Play, and Free Audio Streaming Available on WestwoodoneSports.com
NEW YORK, NY, February 7, 2018 – Westwood One, the largest radio network in the U.S. and the leader in live play-by-play sports, is proud to partner with U S. Olympics rights holder NBCUniversal to present live radio coverage of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games from PyeongChang, South Korea. From the moment the torch is lit on Friday, February 9, through the Closing Ceremony on Sunday February 25, Westwood One Sports will once again be on hand to provide exclusive in-depth coverage of the Winter Olympics to listeners across America, via radio stations nationwide as well as SiriusXM and for the first time, westwoodonesports.com. Westwood One has been the U.S. radio broadcaster of every Olympics since the Seoul 1988 Olympic Games, also in South Korea.
Westwood One will broadcast throughout the Games as live events unfold, with around-the-clock Olympic updates three times per hour; live Team USA Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey play-by-play; live coverage of various Olympic Winter events, including figure skating, speed skating, skiing, bobsled and luge; and a daily live show, Today In PyeongChang.
A division of NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal’s Olympic coverage. NBCUniversal has the broadcast rights in the USA for the Olympic Games through 2032. Those rights run across all media platforms, including over-the-air television, subscription television, internet, and mobile.
Westwood One’s programing will include:
- Shortform Coverage – Olympic Updates
- Three times an hour, 24/7, from February 9- February 25
- Longform Coverage – Today in PyeongChang
- Two hours of longform coverage for 17 consecutive nights, from February 9-February 25. Live play-by-play from events, as well as previews and interviews.
- U.S. Olympic Hockey (Men’s and Women’s)
- Live play-by-play coverage of every Men’s Team USA Hockey Game.
- Men’s Gold Medal Game (regardless of participants) on Saturday, February 24.
- Women’s Team USA Hockey Game vs. Canada on Wednesday, February 14.
- Women’s Gold Medal Hockey Game (regardless of participants) on Wednesday, February 21.
Westwood One’s Winter Olympics coverage will feature an all-star team of play-by-play announcers and Olympians:
- Today in PyeongChang Hosts: Jason Horowitz and Laura Okmin
- Opening/Closing Ceremony: Patrick Kinas and David Wallechinsky
- Hockey: Ralph Strangis and Colby Cohen, Tim Murray (host)
- Figure Skating: Patrick Kinas and Paul Wylie (1992 Olympic Silver Medalist)
- Speed Skating: Alex Perlman and Dan Jansen (1994 Olympic Gold Medalist)
- Short Track Speed Skating: Patrick Kinas
- Alpine Skiing: Ryan Radtke and Doug Lewis (two-time Olympian)
- Bobsled/Luge: Ryan Radtke
Noted Olympic historian David Wallechinsky will also contribute daily to Westwood One’s coverage of the Winter Olympics, as will roving reporters Tim Murray and Greg Mescall.
About Westwood One Sports
Westwood One Sports is home to some of the most exciting sports broadcasts on radio and has been the official U.S. radio broadcaster of every Olympics since 1988 in Seoul, South Korea. In addition, Westwood One partners with NBCUniversal for the Triple Crown and the NHL, including the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Westwood One is also the exclusive network radio partner to the NFL since 1987, covering the regular season, the post- season, and the Super Bowl. In addition, Westwood One broadcasts NCAA Football; NCAA Basketball–including the NCAA Men’s and Women’s Tournaments and the Final Four; The Masters; and other marquee sports events. Westwood One also distributes NBC Sports Radio. On social media, join the Westwood One Sports community on Facebook at westwoodonesports and Twitter @westwood1sports. For more information, visit www.westwoodonesports.com
About Westwood One
Westwood One, the national-facing arm of Cumulus Media, offers iconic, nationally syndicated sports, news and entertainment content to 245 million listeners each week across an audio network of 8,000 affiliated broadcast radio stations and media partners. Westwood One is the largest audio broadcast network in America, home to premium content that defines the culture, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, Westwood One Backstage, the GRAMMYs, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards and the American Music Awards. The rapidly growing Westwood One Podcast Network delivers popular network and industry personalities and programs. Westwood One connects listeners with their passions through programs and platforms that have everyone listening. For more information please visit www.westwoodone.com.
Jana Polsky | Westwood One | email@example.com | (212) 641-2101